The institute section “Land Surface” deals with the development of remote sensing methods based on various earth observation systems that are specifically adapted for the respective application scenarios. Key issues as agriculture, forestry, land degradation, regional planning, megacities and ecological mapping take the center stage of the department topics.
In the near future, operational data products of the first German hyperspectral satellite mission EnMAP will be available. This enables multitemporal analysis of this data for various applications for the first time. In the frame of a PhD study, your mission will be to develop application driven operational processing chains of high-dimensional image data. It comprises the design, modelling, implementation and testing of software modules for airborne and spaceborne hyperspectral data. You are working in an interesting scientific environment together with national and international experts, you are integrated into an experienced team and you are developing sustainable solutions in an international project framework.
- University degree in Computer Science, Geomatics or equivalent (MSc)
- Very good programming skills, preferably in one of the following languages (C/C++, Python, IDL, R)
- Good skills in generic software engineering (object-oriented programming, design patterns, unit testing, etc.)
- Good knowledge in remote sensing, specifically processing of optical (hyperspectral and multispectral) image data, knowledge of vegetation and soil spectroscopy is a plus
- Very good knowledge of English
- Communication skills, high commitment, and teamwork
Duration of Contract: 03 years
Look forward to a fulfilling job with an employer who appreciates your commitment and supports your personal and professional development. Our unique infrastructure offers you a working environment in which you have unparalleled scope to develop your creative ideas and accomplish your professional objectives. Disabled applicants with equivalent qualifications will be given preferential treatment.