The GISTAM Conference (The 3rd International Conference on Geographical Information Systems Theory, Applications and Management) organized by INSTICC (Institute for Systems and Technologies of Information, Control and Communication) will take place from 27 to 28 of April 2017 in Porto, Portugal.
The International Conference on Geographical Information Systems Theory, Applications and Management aims at creating a meeting point of researchers and practitioners that address new challenges in geo-spatial data sensing, observation, representation, processing, visualization, sharing and managing, in all aspects concerning both information communication and technologies (ICT) as well as management information systems and knowledge-based systems. The conference welcomes original papers of either practical or theoretical nature, presenting research or applications, of specialized or interdisciplinary nature, addressing any aspect of geographic information systems and technologies.
One of the most important contributions that GISTAM brings about is the creation of a high-level forum in collaboration with the most prestigious internationally recognized experts, including names such as LemoniaRagia(University of Geneva, Switzerland) as a Conference Chair and Jorge Gustavo Rocha (University of Minho, Portugal) as Program Chair.GISTAM 2017 will have several invited keynote speakers. Their names are not yet confirmed.
All accepted papers will be published in the conference proceedings, under an ISBN reference, on paper and on CD-ROM support.
SCITEPRESS is a member of CrossRef (http://www.crossref.org/) and every paper is given a DOI (Digital Object Identifier).
All papers presented at the conference venue will be available at the SCITEPRESS Digital Library.
The proceedings will be submitted for indexation by Thomson Reuters Conference Proceedings Citation Index (ISI), INSPEC, DBLP, EI (Elsevier Index) and Scopus.
Further information about GISTAM 2017 can be found at the conference website http://www.gistam.org/
# # #
INSTICC is the Institute for Systems and Technologies of Information, Control and Communication, a scientific, non-profit, association whose main goals are to serve the international scientific community by promoting, developing and disseminating knowledge in the areas of information systems and technologies, control and communications.
To achieve these goals, INSTICC is committed to integrate and support many activities relevant for the international scientific community, including:
- Promotion of the mobility of renowned researchers, usually involved as keynote speakers at INSTICC events, so that they can share their knowledge with conference delegates;
- Providing grants to support the presence of many young researchers from all over the world, especially from regions facing economic difficulties, who wish to attend INSTICC conferences;
- Publication of proceedings, books and journals – some of them in cooperation with distinguished international publishers – widely indexed and made available at appropriate digital libraries;
- Sponsorship of research projects, proposed by universities and R&D institutes, related to INSTICC main interest areas;
- Collaboration with international associations, who may technically co-sponsor INSTICC events, as well as with companies involved in R&D or supporting of the international academic community.
Over the years, these initiatives have brought together a large and very diversified international community spread over more than 141 countries, including more than 500 high profile keynote speakers, over 15600 specialized reviewers and about 46000 authors.