October 4, 2017 – USGIF launched its second annual EdGEOcation Giving Campaign, with the goal of raising funding and awareness for USGIF educational programming. The Foundation aims to raise $12,000 by Jan. 12.
“Geospatial intelligence has become a key component in providing relief for humanitarian issues and natural disasters, assisting law enforcement and first responders, better understanding weather and climate change, and much more,” said USGIF COO Aimee McGranahan. “Donations to the EdGEOcation Giving Campaign help educate the next generation of GEOINTers that will be serving in these fields to help make our world a better, safer place.”
USGIF educational initiatives include: a Scholarship Program for students studying geospatial sciences; a Collegiate Accreditation Program that provides academic certificates to students who graduate from USGIF’s 14 accredited colleges and universities; a K-12 Program that brings GEOINT awareness into classrooms, and much more. Campaign contributions further the education of our nation’s future leaders.
USGIF launched its first giving campaign in 2016 and raised nearly $9,000, exceeding its original goal. USGIF has since applied those donations to activities such as:
• Sharing its Introduction to GEOINT presentation with 500 students and counting
• Supporting local science fairs
• Bringing San Antonio area Girl Scouts, Girls Inc., and Boy Scouts to the GEOINT 2017 Symposium. See video!
• Awarding scholarships to 26 students pursuing GEOINT through higher education
• Granting academic GEOINT Certificates to 80 college students
To Donate and know more click here