The University of Tulsa Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering will host an Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) competition on the TU campus May 19-21, 2017. UAV systems are effective in recruiting middle and high school students to fields related to science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM). The industrial applications of UAV systems continue to expand, and TU is home to innovative UAV research.
Teams of no more than 10 members, including advisors, are invited to participate.
The drone competition will feature two divisions: high school and college. Categories will include package delivery (outdoors) and rescue mission (indoors). Competitors will fly their drones at the Reynolds Center, H.A. Chapman Stadium and Mabee Gym.
Prizes (12 total):
- First Place: $2,000
- Second Place: $1,000
- Third Place: $500
- May 20: Opening Ceremony and Competition
- May 21: Competition and Banquet & Award Ceremony, 5 p.m., Great Hall of TU Student Union
Registration Fee: Registration cost per team is $200.
For questions about the schedule, meals, hotel reservations and more, please contact:
- Marla Zumwalt, email@example.com, 918-631-3270
- Kaveh Ashenayi, firstname.lastname@example.org, 918-631-3278
- Niki Maleki, email@example.com