The University of Nottingham is a public research university based in Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, England, United Kingdom. It was founded as University College Nottingham in 1881 and granted a Royal Charter in 1948.
Nottingham’s main campus, University Park, is situated on the outskirts of the City of Nottingham, with a number of smaller campuses and a teaching hospital (Queen’s Medical Centre) located elsewhere in Nottinghamshire. Outside the United Kingdom, Nottingham has campuses in Semenyih, Malaysia and Ningbo, China.
University of Nottingham have an exciting and challenging opportunity for a recent graduate or post-graduate to lead the a strategic project with 3D Laser Mapping Limited to design, develop and implement an advanced mobile scanning system to monitor railway, road and mining infrastructure conditions.
Name of Position: Geospatial Mobile Mapping Engineer (KTP Associate)
Location: Jubilee Campus
Salary: £27,000 per annum, depending on experience, skills and qualification
Interview Date: Monday 01 June 2015
You will work through a Knowledge Transfer Partnership(KTP) which has recently been established between 3DLM and The University of Nottingham. This KTP is driven by 3DLM’s strategic vision to develop the company’s capabilities in high performance GNSS positioning, advanced location and sensing algorithms, and integrated sensor system techniques. The role involves managing the project from development through to commercialisation across the UK and Europe.
You will be based at the 3DLM’s head office for the 33 months duration of the project, but fully supported by academic and technical experts in positioning and navigation technologies within the Nottingham Geospatial Institute at the University of Nottingham. Successful delivery of the project is likely to lead to permanent employment with the company.
Throughout the KTP you will:
- Gain relevant experience of managing and delivering a high profile, innovative project.
- Receive formal management training and mentoring.
- Fast-track your personal and professional development in a friendly commercial environment.
The candidate for this post will ideally:
- Hold a PhD in Engineering Surveying, Space Geodesy, Geomatics, Transport Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science or in relevant Engineering subjects. An MSc or MEng in a similar discipline may be considered.
- Have experience and understanding of positioning and navigation technologies, location and sensing techniques, sensor integration and advanced positioning algorithms, use of crowd-sourced data and big data analysis.
- Have experience in the GNSS software platforms and open source packages.
- Exhibit drive, motivation and a desire to deliver a strategic project from start to finish.
- Communicate professionally and efficiently with a range of professionals, stakeholders and clients.
- Be organised and work methodically, managing their own time and workload effectively.
- This is a full-time post and will be offered on a fixed-term contract for a period of 33 months.
- Interviews will be held at 3DLM’s office in Bingham, Nottinghamshire. Shortlisted candidates will be required to attend the interview in person.
How to Apply
Deadline: Monday 18 May 2015