Delivering Higher-Accuracy Positioning To Improve GNSS Network Performance and Reliability
SUNNYVALE, Calif., March 27, 2017—Trimble (NASDAQ: TRMB) introduced today version 3.10 of its Trimble® Pivot™ Platform software, a modular solution for real-time GNSS infrastructure management, ranging from a single-base GNSS Continuously Operating Reference Station (CORS) to a full Real-Time Network (RTN), serving thousands of end-users worldwide.
Version 3.10 provides improvements to network performance and office and field productivity. The new features and capabilities include:
- Galileo support: provides access to five GNSS constellations—GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou, QZSS and now Galileo—allowing end-users to expect improved positioning accuracy and fix performance due to the 50 percent increase of accessible satellites;
- GPS L5 support: utilizes all available L5 third-frequency GPS observations to enable end users to further improve field productivity;
- Code Bias Calibration client and server improvements: provides a higher availability of network-modeled RTK corrections to allow field users to reduce dependency on station biases;
- Sparse Network: supports Galileo and BeiDou. Sparse Network, a Trimble technology, enables RTN operators to achieve the benefits of a full network-processed GNSS constellation even if the network is not fully covered with multi-constellation CORS.
- Dynamic Station Coordinates (DSC) module improvements: minimizes the impact of erroneous reference station coordinates to improve system performance.
“Trimble continues to transform the way our customers manage their real-time GNSS infrastructure by making networks more robust and easier to manage,” said Mark Richter, director of marketing for Trimble’s Advanced Positioning Division. “Accessibility to the Galileo constellation and the addition of the L5 third-frequency observations in particular, makes Trimble’s Pivot Platform significantly more versatile to improve functionality and performance for end users in the field.”
The Trimble Pivot Platform version 3.10 is available now from Trimble’s Distribution Network and Trimble Sales Representatives. Customers with a valid software maintenance agreement receive the new version at no additional cost. For more information, visit: http://www.trimble.com/rtn.
About Trimble’s Real-Time Network Solutions
Trimble Real-Time Network (RTN) solutions are one of the most widely used GNSS Infrastructure solutions available today. Spanning a wide variety of applications and industries, Trimble’s proven hardware is specifically developed with the needs of RTN applications in mind while its software integrates seamlessly into the RTN solution for exceptional real-time performance. The flexibility of Trimble’s solution enables users to collect, manage and analyze complex information faster and easier, improving productivity and efficiency. Trimble has also introduced a new suite of services benefiting owners and operators of RTNs—Trimble Network Management. Three levels of service are available, ranging from simple network backup to fully outsourced network operations. For more information about Trimble RTN solutions and Network Management services, visit: http://www.trimble.com/rtn.
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety and sustainability. From purpose built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation and logistics.