New Enhancements Improve Quality of Data & Efficiency of Field Work
Available today, TerraGo Edge version 3.9.5 provides new tools to improve field data collection and further enhance mobile GPS survey features to accelerate asset inspections, land surveys or any mapping project.
New features in version 3.9.5 include:
- Edge Measurement Tool: Quickly measure the distance and area between captured data points, lines or polygons.
- Required Form Field Enforcement: Ensure your data collection policies are met with configurable form field requirements, alerts and restrictions.
- Import GeoPackage Raster Data: The existing GeoPackage import capability in Edge Web, which currently imports the vector features as Edge Notes, has been expanded to also include the import of the raster layers from the GeoPackage. Importing creates an offline basemap in Edge, which in turn can be shared with any mobile Edge user to support offline data collection in the field.
- Expanded Map Sources: Free online and offline basemap sources expanded to give users more options in the field.
- Updated Online and Offline Maps: The default, free online basemap sources in Edge now include OpenStreetMap Standard, Cycle, Transport and Humanitarian; Stamen Terrain, Toner and Watercolor; CartoDB Positron and Dark Matter; and USGS Topo, ImageryOnly, ImageryTopo, Hydro-NHD and Hill Shade. Offline maps can be created from the Stamen, CartoDB and USGS map sources.
Minor enhancements, bug fixes and performance improvements.
For a full release history, please see our TerraGo Edge Release Notes