February 1, 2017 – March 14, 2017
Digital images of earth’s surface produced by remote sensing are the basis of modern mapping. They are also used to create valuable information products across a spectrum of industries. This free online course is for everyone who is interested in applications of earth imagery to increase productivity, save money, protect the environment, and even save lives.
- Understand that imagery is more than pretty pictures. Imagery is information that supports decision making and helps save time, money, and resources.
- Understand how imagery is used to identify landscape features and detect change over time.
- Learn how to interpret and analyze imagery, including imagery collected by satellites and drones.
- Gain hands-on experience with authentic imagery analysis workflows using the latest GIS technology.
- Hands-on exercises, short video lectures, quizzes, and discussion
- Six week course, two–three hours of study per week
- Certificate of completion and awards
- Section 1: Overview of the Course and Imagery
- Section 2: Imagery in Agriculture: The Crop Doctor is in
- Section 3: Imagery in Environmental: Understand the World Around you
- Section 4: Imagery in Disaster Management: Plan, Prepare, Act
- Section 5: Imagery in Utilities: Keeping the Public Happy
- Section 6: Imagery in Commercial: Why Are You Watching Me
- Section 7: Imagery in Insurance: Risky Business
Who Should Attend?
- Imagery Users
- GIS Users
- Scientists and Environmentalists
- Students and Educators