URISA has announced that its GIS Leadership Academy will be offered twice in 2018. The success of any GIS program is largely tied to the capabilities of its leader. Strong leadership is necessary to establish a solid GIS program, operate efficiently and effectively, coordinate participants, adapt to change, and move a program forward. Leadership, however, is a skill that must be developed. URISA’s GIS Leadership Academy was established to meet this need.
The GIS Leadership Academy course will be offered as below:
- Columbus, Ohio – April 9-13, 2018
- Salt Lake City, Utah – July 23-27, 2018
Participants will learn:
- GIS leadership and management techniques
- Strategic planning
- Successful team development
- Organizational capacity building and sustainability strategies (ROI, innovative funding ideas)
- Program investment and justification
- Change management
- Situation assessment and organizational performance evaluation
- Ethics and professional challenges
- Problem solving
The Academy is taught by proven leaders in the profession (all are GISPs and accomplished in the field). Each course includes numerous interactive exercises, team-building tools, and opportunities to delve into topics in a way you cannot do at a large conference. (Note that course attendance is limited in size to encourage interaction.)
In 2017, the program was offered in San Diego, California and Providence, Rhode Island. Attendance at both offerings exceeded expectations.
Learn more about this unique GIS leadership program here. Be sure to take advantage of early registration and team discounts.