NISG is a not-for-profit company setup in a Public-Private-Partnership (PPP) in 2002 under the recommendations of The National Taskforce on Information Technology & Software Development, with 51% equity contributed by the private sector & 49% by the public sector. NASSCOM, Government of India & Government of Andhra Pradesh are the main promoters with ILFS, Government of Chhattisgarh, Government of Meghalaya & Vizag Municipal Corporation being the other stakeholders.
Position: Sr. Consultant – GIS
Experience: 10 – 20 yrs
Organization: NISG ( National Institute For Smart Government)
- Geo-referencing the Point Assets of BBNL and linking with the Geo-spatial information
- QC/QA of application, data, editing
- Training to Users.
- Data validation.
- Project monitoring.
- Co-ordination with field units and NIC
- Assist in database audits and complete assigned tasks as needed.
- Reach out to respective stakeholders to gather relevant data/information
- Attend all GIS related issues & problem. To generate/verify the reports with the GIS measuring tools and preparation of presentation.
Desired Skills & Experience
- End to end experience of at least in one GIS project for underground assets like cables, pipelines etc. is must
- Experience in GIS area in telecom/government domain shall be preferred
- The candidate should be well versed with GIS software including software like ARC-GIS (including RDBMS), Q-GIS, DOT NET, ROLTA-Geomatica, Map Info, AUTOCAD etc. General knowledge about various other GIS tools is desired.
- Database knowledge (Spatial database)
- Must have demonstrated leadership skills, initiatives and resourcefulness in previous assignments
- Strong track record of performance and delivery
- Good Communication skills (Both written & Oral)
- Should be tactful to work and navigate their way through a challenging environment of the Government system.
- BE/B.Tech, MCA, Masters in Geography or Geology
- Specialization course in GIS is highly preferred
- Minimum 10 years of overall experience.
- Minimum 4-5years experience in GIS field
The age and experience requirements can be relaxed for deserving candidate.
How To Apply
Apply for this job click here
Read more about NISG