University of Redlands offers Master of Science in Geographic Information Systems (GIS)Program is an intensive, one-year residential program in beautiful Redlands, California, home to the world’s leading GIS company, Esri.
The Master of Science in Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Program is designed for professionals seeking to enhance their knowledge of analysis, management, and communication of geographic information. It combines the development of strong technical skills and in-depth understanding of geographic information science and theory.
Minimum requirements for entrance include:
- A Bachelors degree in any field.
- At least 2 years of professional experience using GIS
completion of at least 2 college-level courses in GIS plus an internship lasting at least 4 months.
- The equivalent of an undergraduate grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 out of a possible 4.0 during the final two years of study. Applicants with a grade point average less than 3.0 on a 4.0 scale or who have undergraduate degrees from countries where an equivalent of the GPA cannot be calculated from transcripts must show promise of success based on other criteria.
- Two letters of recommendation confirming the applicant’s potential for success in the program.
- Competence in speaking and writing English. Students for whom English is a second language must demonstrate competence by submitting TOEFL scores above 550 written (210 computer based, Internet based minimum of 80 with no section score lower than 18). Alternative internationally recognized tests such as IELTS scores at band 5.5 or above may be considered equivalent.
- Analytical and technical aptitude demonstrated by a combination of appropriate course work, professional experience, GRE or similar test scores, and/or letters of recommendation.
Read More About Universities of Redlands