July 14th – 17th 2015, Como
The second edition of the FOSS4G-Europe Conference will be held at Politecnico di Milano in Como, Italy, from July 15th to 17th, 2015. A day of workshops will precede the conference on 14th July, and a code sprint will close the event on 18th July.
The Conference aims to bring together FOSS4G users and developers worldwide and foster closer interactions with and amongst European communities in order to share ideas for improving geodata, software and applications openes.
The FOSS4G Europe Local Organizing Committee is now organizing the registration system for the conference. Registration will be announced in early 2015, but the registrations fees have already been decided as follow.
FOSS4G-Europe 2015 is pleased to invite proposals for workshops to be held in conjunction with the conference on July 13th, 2015. This year up to 10 practical workshops of 4:00 hours each can be accommodated in five parallel sessions (i.e. five in the morning and five in the afternoon). The five rooms used for workshops are either computer labs or lecture rooms of Politecnico di Milano. They offer between 40 and 70 seats.
The important dates for workshops are indicated bellow. Please follow the conference mailing list and @foss4ge to get the latest news.
- Submission deadline: February 25, 2015
- Acceptance notice: March 31, 2015
FOSS4G-Europe 2015 is pleased to invite abstract and papers under various tracks/themes:
- General Track is the main event line with presentations on FOSS4G technologies and communities.
- Academic Track relates progress of scientific research and experiences on using and teaching FOSS4G.
- Open Data Track welcomes projects and case studies about geospatial open data and FOSS4G tools.
- Water Track welcomes case studies related to water management and related environmental modeling with FOSS4G.
- Positioning Track welcomes projects and case studies on indoor/outdoor positioning with FOSS4G.
- Library Track welcomes case studies related to Library and archives management with FOSS4G tools.
Date and Venue: July 15th to 17th, 2015, Politecnico di Milano in Como, Italy
Read more about FOSS4G-Europe 2015