The second edition of the FOSS4G Europe Conference will be held at Politecnico di Milano in Como, Italy, from July 15th to 17th, 2015. A day of workshops will precede the conference on 14th July, and a code sprint will close the event on 18th July.
The Conference aims to bring together FOSS4G users and developers worldwide and foster closer interactions with and amongst European communities in order to share ideas for improving geodata, software and applications.
We welcome our two new keynotes speakers!
Open Source Geospatial Foundation
‘Looking ahead:Open Geospatial and the OSGeo Foundation’
International Society of Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing
‘GlobeLand30: 30-m resolution open access Earth Land – Cover Map’
And remind you the previously announced
European Commission’s Joint Research Center
Head of Digital Earth and Reference Data Unit
International Cartographic Association
NASA World Wind Project Manager
Ki Joune Li
Pusan National University
FOSS4G Europe Conference Workshop Program:
- Raster and vector processing with GDAL
- How to write a Python GRASS GIS 7 addon
- Analysis with QGIS
- Land cover mapping with high resolution satellite images using Orfeo Toolbox, QGIS and OSM
- R for spatial data
- Free and open source software for kinematic GNSS positioning
- Deploying Web Processing Services using ZOO-Project – Examples Python WPS using PgRouting
- GeoServer on steroids: getting the best out of GeoServer
- Geopaparazzi: never out of data in the field
- FOSS4G routing with pgRouting, OpenStreetMap and OpenLayers 3
- Spatio-temporal Big Data: the Rasdaman approach in the context of the PublicaMundi project
- SensorWeb and IoT with OpenSensorHub
Important Dates Reminder
The important dates are indicated below. Please follow the conference mailing list and @foss4ge to get the latest news.
On-site registration: On July 14, 15 & 16 2015
Workshops: On July 14 2015
Social dinner: On July 16, 2015