For decades, CH2M HILL has been a global leader in engineering, consulting, design, program management, construction and operations, working on the most challenging and impactful projects around the world. Through these challenging projects, we develop our people — who transform complex and creative ideas into reality, every day. Join us and together we can work to build a sustainable world. We support you to reach your greatest career goals through continued professional development, a positive work life balance and undeniably cool engineering projects. Join employee-owned CH2M HILL and discover why our diverse team has been consistently ranked as one of the leading employers and repeatedly recognized as a best place to work in the U.S.
Position: Geospatial / GIS Specialist
Postal Code: SN4 0QD
Location: Swindon, United Kingdom
Description and Desired Qualifications
The principal function of this position is to assist the geospatial team in all aspects of operational delivery including: data capture, LiDAR, image processing, data modeling, integration and analysis, in order to deliver a wide variety of outputs to inform client’s projects. They will provide technical expertise on both internal and external projects and support the continued development of the geospatial business.
- Geospatial solution and support development across a range of solutions (image processing, survey, photogrammetry and LiDAR desirable) for multi-disciplinary projects
- High capability in GIS and Data capture, Map creation
- Support the continued development and implementation of BIM including documentation and workflows
- Assistance with business development, client management skills – bid writing and presentation
- Assistance in the preparation of deliverables, including technical and non-technical reports and presentations
- Wide ranging analysis and creation of complex datasets
- Delivery of geospatial projects and tasks to defined scope, budgets and timescales
- Provision of guidance, training and mentoring to other colleagues and act as a key technical geospatial contact
- An Honours Degree in a numerate discipline (e.g Geography, Maths, Engineering, Commercial).
- A Masters Degree in a related geospatial discipline and / or proven capability in one of the following: Photogrammetry, Remote Sensing, LiDAR.
- Experience of developing and delivering geospatial solutions and technology
- Evidence of being able to deliver diligently to an agreed scope of work and to time and budget requirements
- In depth knowledge of data and metadata standards
- Proven experience of BIM delivery environment
- Proficient written and oral communication skills and the ability to convey technical details to non-technical audience
- Awareness of the commercial aspects of geospatial consultancy work
Bachelors or 4 Year Degree, Masters
How To Apply
Apply for this job click here
Read more about company go here