At CGI, we’re committed to helping all of our stakeholders succeed. Our 68,000 professionals in 40 countries across the Americas, Europe and Asia Pacific provide end-to-end IT and business process services that facilitate the ongoing evolution of our clients’ businesses. CGI is committed to helping our clients achieve their business goals; to providing our professionals with rewarding careers; and to offering shareholders superior returns over time. At CGI, we are in the business of delivering results.
CGI is seeking candidates for a lead GIS developer position within our Regulatory Solutions Group (RSG). The Regulatory Solutions Group leverages the transformative potential of IT to partner with state and local regulatory agencies to make government processes more efficient through business process re-engineering, workflow automation, systems integration, and enhanced business intelligence.
Name of Position: GIS Developer
Position ID: J0114-1414 – Permanent Full Time
City: Austin, Texas, United States
Posting Date: February 07, 2014
Posting Expiry Date: March 07, 2014
Candidates local to Austin, TX will have minimal travel.
Candidates that are not local to Austin, TX must be willing to travel up to 50% with the remainder of the time working remotely.
A successful lead GIS developer at CGI’s RSG possesses a sound understanding of technical best practices and, above all else, a demonstrable passion for technology and its ability to solve difficult government challenges. While technical knowledge/expertise is important, our lead GIS developers must also demonstrate the communication and interpersonal skills necessary to lead a team of junior GIS developers and architects. Since the position is highly visible to our clients, the candidate’s professionalism must be apparent and consistent.
- Participate in review and scoping associated with the retirement and consolidation of legacy GIS systems into a single, consolidated enterprise solution
- Identify and implement opportunities where GIS capabilities can add demonstrable value to clients based on business requirements
- Establish technical best practices
- Provide oversight to developers and develop and implement complex functionality
- Work with project management to create and maintain development schedules around areas of responsibility
- Provide development estimates
- Maintain system GIS architecture at a project-level in line with project vision and client IT requirements
- Participate in design and solution architecture sessions
- Author technical designs and technical portions of functional designs as necessary
- Work with functional staff to establish and clarify requirements
- 4 years + experience working with ESRI ArcGIS Desktop technologies, including ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Command Line, AML, ArcObject, Python Scripting, and ArcSDE
- 4 years + experience developing and Implementing web based GIS within enterprise applications to provide a rich and seamless end user experience; preferably in C# and ASP .NET.
- Database experience, preferably in Oracle including geospatial data management.
- Demonstrated experience with the full Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including demonstrated ability to work directly with client stakeholders and explain technical topics to non-technical people.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Experience migrating data from older ESRI technologies such as ArcInfo Librarian to ArcSDE
- Experience with Linux, shell scripting, and CRON jobs
- Experience with XML, HTML5, AJAX and JSON
- Bachelor of Science in Information Systems for a related field of study
How to Apply
Applicants need to apply directly through the CGI website, to apply and read more click:
Read more about CGI