Atmos Energy Corporation, headquartered in Dallas, is one of the country’s largest natural-gas-only distributors, serving approximately 3 million customers in more than 1,400 communities from the Blue Ridge Mountains in the East to the Rocky Mountains in the West. Atmos Energy has grown from 279,000 customers in 1983 mainly by acquiring utility assets. The company has regulated utility operations in Colorado, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Tennessee, Texas and Virginia. It is the largest natural gas distributor in the states of Texas, Louisiana and Mississippi. In addition, Atmos Pipeline–Texas is one of the largest natural gas transmission and storage systems in Texas. Its pipelines span the state from far West Texas to the border with Louisiana and southeast to the Greater Houston area.
GIS Analyst / Pipeline Designer
Company: Atmos Energy
Location: Dallas, TX
- Responsible for creation of 3D CADWorx models using P&IDs and Plant Layouts
- Responsible for preparing plan/elevation and isometric drawings from the 3D model.
- Travels to job site and resolves constructability issues by revising the drawings.
- Utilize a variety of data sources and data types to provide complex drawings for various clients, primarily as it relates to AutoCAD / CADWorx components of our pipelines, compressor stations, regulating/measurement stations.
Responsible for providing advanced technical GIS data analysis as well as safeguarding the accuracy and integrity of the data housed in the geographic information systems (GIS).
1. Utilizes a variety of data sources and data types to provide data analysis for various clients, primarily as it relates to the geographic component.
2. Provide technical support to the GIS/GPS/CAD AutoCAD Operations staff, IT and other end user clients.
3. Provides training and mentoring to others involved in geographic information systems and related activities.
4. Keeps abreast of emerging and changing technologies as they relate to the geographic information systems.
5. Designs, utilizes and updates customized databases to facilitate communication of GIS data in a graphical, tabular or presentation type format.
6. Maintains a working knowledge of satellite and aerial photography and general cartographic principles and practices, including datums and projections.
7. Represents the company on internal and external committees and projects regarding GIS issues and data, including other utilities, contractors & regulators.
8. Assists in developing and implementing GIS procedures and practices , establishing techniques and standards.
9. Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Expert knowledge of 3-D AutoCAD, CADWorx and Isogen preferred.
- Bachelor�s degree in geography, engineering, math, or IT/programming or a related field and five years related experience in GIS administration and/or programming; or
- A general educational knowledge acquired through a high school diploma or a General Equivalency Diploma (GED) and seven years related experience in GIS administration and/or programming.
Requires the ability to communicate with internal and/or external customers in order to obtain and/or provide explanations and/or information on technical concepts to individuals with little or no experience or knowledge of the technical area.
Requires the ability to perform analyses involving ratios, percentages, simple statistical methods, algebra, trig, and geometry.
Requires a very high level of computer skills in order to use and/or understand various programming languages for writing, modifying and executing programs.
Works in an office environment. Includes occasional travel out of town overnight. Requires occasionally performing activities including, but not limited to, bending, stooping, grasping, reaching, twisting, turning and/or lifting.
How To Apply
Apply online GIS Analyst / Pipeline Designer
Read about Atmos Energy